About Me

My photo
I am blessed with seven children, seven grandchildren, a wonderful godly husband, and many Christian friends.

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Led by the Spirit (Everything Seems to be Falling in Place)

We found and reserved a first-floor 3 bedroom, 2 bath apartment so we can actually arrange for a moving company to move our furniture and have someplace to unload it. It was the only complex we looked at that had a downstairs 3 bedroom available by January 12th. It doesn't have a playground, but it has a nice pool, fitness room, and a beautiful clubhouse. David has pictures on his IPhone. There aren't many pictures on the website, and the kitchen picture has the cabinets and colors right, but the room and configuration is all wrong. We don't have a fireplace, either. Only the upstairs units have fireplaces, and we didn't want to deal with stairs.

Matthew had to fill out an application for MTSU and explain why he bombed his first semester at ACU, then he visited with the academic advisor for the very competitive RIM (recording industry major) program. She told him what they looked for in determining selection for the limited number of spots in the program, so he'll have some pretty specific goals in the next year and an half to apply for RIM at the end of his Sophomore year. We'll see how bad he wants to get in. He's very excited and determined (at least for now) to succeed. All he needs to do is focus on school as much as he does on music, and he should do well.

I'm so glad to have these pieces out of the way. David and I both had really rough nights last night. I even thought I might need to have David take me to the emergency room at 3:30 this morning, but I was able to tough things out. No chest pains or anything, just intense headache and dizzyness and pain in my neck (too many things to think about).

After we made our decision and were on our way to turn in our application, we received a call from an ACU professor in Journalism and Mass Communication. He was checking through classrooms and lab rooms and found Matthew's Macbook Pro that he thought had been stolen out of his car during finals week. What a blessing!

We spent last night with our friends Mike and Connie Boyle at their house. They left this morning to fly to L.A. for a 2 week cruise to Hawaii for Christmas. They gave us a key to their house and have just been so encouraging and helpful. They are just great "salt-of-the-earth" Christian friends, and it will be so much fun living close to them. Mike is David's new boss. Connie thinks she might have a temporary bookkeeping job for me at MTSU if I want it when I get there.

God is good!

1 comment:

  1. Sooo glad that you guys found somewhere to live and that things are "falling into place"...even though I can't be happy about the move. But...take the website and name of the complex off of the site--or mark your site private...there are some crazies out there you know...

    ReplyDelete