About Me

My photo
I am blessed with seven children, seven grandchildren, a wonderful godly husband, and many Christian friends.

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Auld Lang Syne

Wow, the past four days have been incredibly busy. David and Mendy have been systematically cleaning, tossing, hauling, and packing while I've been trying to get my work done at the office in the middle of electricians running wiring and cable to the spot the new server will be located; in the vault/storeroom in my office. A lot of the boxes of old files and papers that were in the vault are stacked in my office...

The contractor was supposed to start demo on our master bath to put in a new tub, flooring, tile and countertop on Monday, but just got started this afternoon. What should have been completed and drying by now will probably go through the weekend since tomorrow is New Year's Day. This means we'll be down to one bathroom for 4 adults for the next week to 10 days, and we're supposed to have a house guest for a January short course next week as well.

Our leaving was announced at church the Sunday before last. One of the dearest souls I've ever met, Randy Becton, told me I was one of the lights of his life because he could see Jesus in me. I told him that was exactly how I felt about him. He has the purest heart and is such a kind and gentle man, I will miss him terribly. Our sweet children's minister came in today to work her "shift" during skeletal hours. She told me she had been sad all Christmas break just thinking that I would be leaving in January. She teared up nearly every time she came in my office and that made me tear up, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment