About Me

My photo
I am blessed with seven children, seven grandchildren, a wonderful godly husband, and many Christian friends.

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Nesting in Tennessee

Our furniture arrived Friday and Mendy came from Memphis to help us unpack and decorate our new temporary home. The upstairs neighbors must be Sumo wrestlers who play drums and do Wii Fit in the living room. We can't hear conversations or even voices, but we sure hear a lot of thumping and dropping up there. David was ready to move the first night he spent here. Now that we have everything arranged and comfy cozy, I feel almost at home.

We went to Bell Buckle Saturday night for dinner. It's a cute little town about 25 miles out in the country with little shops and a great restaurant called the Bell Buckle Cafe. They serve comfort food and oh is it good! I had the vegetable plate but Mendy had meatloaf and David had a smoked pork chop plate. It was as good as a steak from Perini's! They are known for their blueberry (congealed) salad but they were out of it, so it looks like we'll have to go back another time to try it. They have live music on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, and even though I'm not much of a country or bluegrass fan, it was very good.

We went to North Boulevard church this morning. We went to John Risse's class in the auditorium (he's good but talks really fast and it takes some getting used to). He came by to talk to us during the "meet and greet" at the beginning of the worship service and is really a nice man. The pulpit minister, David Young, is incredible. There is a lot of talent in that congregation, and even in these difficult times their contribution exceeds their budget. I think we've found our church home.

I think I'll call it a night. The thumping upstairs has ceased, so maybe I can get to sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment